Sunday 14 August 2016

Blat, Blat, ping - it's the military and flying machines show

'Setting the scene


So I attended the Militaryand flying machines show (mfm) in Romford, Essex/London at the beginning of the month. This show is a healthy mix of the medieval to the modern and everything inbetween.
As I was displaying I didn't get to see too much of the displays but parked next to me was an M6 Greyhound and a Sherman so there was plenty to see from my pitch.

I was with Jim, Lisa and Barbara and set up a mine field, large tent with examples of what the engineers did and the history of the regiment.
We had a lot of interest from collectors and historians as they had never seen US Engineers portrayed at shows before and we're proud to say we are a rare breed in the hobby. 

I was involved in the battle, described as the airborne vs the Wehrmacht they didn't notice me carrying the flag for the footsloggers.
    I'm staring down the barrel of an oncoming Stüg
The look of 'it's not going to plan'


 
And I'm brown breaded (dead)
   
It was a really great battle from the YouTube videos I've seen but the public don't realise the briefings we went through on one of the hottest days of the year. Well worth it though.

Just to close - I hired an M1 Garand for the weekend battles (hence the blat, blat, ping) and here's a vid of me clearing the last of my rounds.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment